Kidz This Week
Due to services being cancelled, here are some things parents can do to have "home church" this week for May30-31: CLICK HERE to print the entire overview and activities.
1. To get your child thinking - Play a game of Fear Factor. Have a parent place several unknown items into a bag and have each person reach their hand into the bag to pull out an item and discuss the fear of the unknown as they reach into the bag.
2. Read Joshua 6. As you read it, have everyone walk around something like the walls. CLICK HERE to watch this YouTube video of the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho.
3. Talk about what God said to Joshua. Remember that God said he was to have courage because He was with them. Did Joshua’s fear go away or did he see God as bigger? How can you do the same thing?
4. Make a shield. CLICK HERE to print the shield and decorate it. On the back, write or draw things that could bring fear and write God over all of those things. Cut the shield out and place in a visible place to remind you how God is bigger than fear.
5. CLICK HERE to color the picture of Joshua marching around the walls of Jericho.
5. CLICK HERE to color the picture of King Jehoshaphat focusing on God.