Kidz This Week
Due to services being cancelled, here are some things parents can do to have "home church" this week for April 4 & 5. CLICK HERE to print the overview and activities.
1. To get your kids thinking – make a praise instrument. Make the instrument and use it while you listen to a praise song. CLICK HERE for some ideas.
2. Read Mark 11: 1-11 - the story of Jesus entering Jerusalem.
from the Bible or CLICK HERE to watch the video.
3. Ask the kids why the people were shouting praises to Jesus. Have them think of reasons why someone praises someone else. Then discuss why it is important to praise Jesus.
4. Ask the kids why they thought Jesus rode a donkey. Explain the significance: Jesus rode a donkey for a few reasons. The first one is a fulfillment of the prophecy in Zechariah 9:9, making his triumphant entry while riding a lowly animal a symbol of peace. When horses are mentioned in theBiblethey are almost always in relation to kings and war, while donkeys are mentioned in relation to common people. Second, in the ancient Biblical world, a leader rode on a horse if he was coming in war and a donkey to signify peace. Jesus came to make peace between us and God. The donkey also was a common man’s animal and Jesus was saying that He came for everyone.
5. Use Mark 11:9 as a memory verse. CLICK HERE to print the verse chart. Find 10 objects that you can use to cover the words like legos or buttons. Then have your child take them off one at a time and say the word of the verse.
6. Make a Palm Branch. Print or draw a palm branch and color it green. Then cut it out. Then write words or draw pictures on the back of it that give praise to Jesus. Each family member can make a palm branch and then have a parade around the house shouting praise to Jesus. CLICK HERE for a palm branch.